PAW BY BLACKMORES
PAW DigestiCare 60 150g
A multi-strain, multi-species probiotic and wholefood powder for the maintenance of everyday digestive health of pets.
PAW DigestiCare 60 combines a multi-stain probiotic powder with a fermented wholefood powder to:
- Provide good bacteria to restore and improve intestinal balance.
- Aid during period of intestinal dysfunction, including treatment and control of diarrhoea.
- Exclude and suppress bad bacteria such as E.coli and Salmonella.
- Aid in the establishment of gastrointestinal microflora of physiologically immature animals (puppies & kittens).
- Deliver essential amino and fatty acids, key vitamins and minerals.
- Suitable for dogs, cats and other companion animal.
- Highly palatable powder that can easily be sprinkled onto your pet's food.
It is made specifically for pets and for your species (dog, cat). Probiotic formulas used by humans are developed specifically to fortify the bacterial species found in the human GI tract, however pets have specific strains of bacteria unique to them. It has enough live organism (potency) per dose to help colonise the gut. CFU stands for colony forming units, which is the measure of live microbes in a probiotic. A maintenance dose of 50 million CFU / dose or more is recommended.
7 strain probiotic powder at 60,000,000 cfu / 2 g (Lactobacillus acidophilus.
L.delbrueckii subspecies bulgaricus.
Streptococcus alivarius subspecies thermophilus).
Other ingredients include naturally fermented organic whole grains and seeds, alfalfa grass, quinoa, spirulina and other legumes and cereals to provide easily absorbed nutritional support.
Dose rate are:
Puppies / Kittens - 2 g/day
Small Dogs - 2 g/day
Medium Dogs - 4 g/day
Large Dogs- 6 g/day
Cats - 2 g/day
Other companion animals (rabbits, guinea pigs) - Up to 2 g/day in feed.
In period of intestinal discomfort double the dosage for the first 5 days.