Blooms Herb a lax 100g
Blooms Herb-a-lax® compounded herbs is a gentle, yet effective natural laxative which also helps relieve wind and bloating. Created using a special formulation of senna leaf, buckthorn bark, psyllium seed, dill seed and liquorice root powder. Psyllium provides a great source of fibre and together with liquorice root powder has a gentle soothing action on the bowel. Dill seed has a carminative action on the bowel and helps to settle intestinal distress.
Blooms Herb-a-lax® has been trusted for over 60 years as a natural way to keep Australians regular. Blooms Herb-a-lax® is a gentle, yet effective way to maintain optimum inner health. Herb-a-lax® is best used with a good gut health regime which should include foods high in dietary fibre and complex carbohydrates; grains, seeds and nuts as well as cereals, and lots of fresh fruit and vegetables. Make it an aim to also drink plenty of fresh water and exercise regularly - this will help to improve your overall health and general well-being.
- Senna is a herb used in the relief of constipation, which works through a stimulation of 'peristalsis', the rhythmic muscular contraction of the colon which pushes food through the gut.
- Buckthorn Bark is considered a gentle form of laxative, generally calming the gastrointestinal tract.
- Psyllium Husk is a great source of natural fibre. It acts as a bulking laxative and has a gentle mode of action, softening the stools and cleansing the intestinal tract.
- Dill is a powerful carminative, antispasmodic herb and helps to settle intestinal distress and bloating.
- Liquorice Root is a very effective herb with powerful healing, anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic properties.
Each level 5 mL teaspoon of Herb-a-lax® contains approximately dry herbs of:
Senna (Cassia angustifolia) leaf 1.35 g.
Frangula (Buckthorn) bark 108 mg.
Psyllium husk 31 mg.
Anethum graveolens (Dill) fruit 31 mg.
Liquorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra) root 31 mg.
No added gluten, yeast, milk derivatives, salt, lactose, animal products, artificial colours, flavours or preservatives.
Adults: Take three-quarters to one 5 mL level teaspoon with water or fruit juice before retiring. Drink plenty of water.
Children: On medical advice. Start with no more than half the adult dose (2.5 ml) increasing to adult dosage if necessary. Use in children under 12 years of age is not recommended.
Do not use when abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting are present, or if you develop diarrhoea. Not to be used when pregnant or breastfeeding. Use in children under 12 years is not recommended. Drink plenty of water. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare professional. Prolonged use may cause serious bowel problems.